Pesto, Pine Nuts and Pasta
This delicious pasta dish is full of fresh basil pesto flavor and nutty, high energy toasted pine nuts. Serve this delicious pasta as a side dish to chicken or fish entrees, or pack it for a convenient, on-the-go high-energy and delicious lunch.
What You’ll Need
- 1 package of your favorite pasta
- 3 Tablespoons of Vegetaball’s Pesto
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (pignolia or piñon nuts)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. After rinsing and draining, return the cooked pasta to a large pan.
- Toast the pine nuts: Place pine nuts in a medium size, heavy skillet and lightly brown over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally and watch carefully- pine nuts go from golden brown to being burned quickly!
- Assemble pasta dish: Spoon the Vegetaball’s Pesto over the cooked pasta in a large pan on the stovetop. Drizzle the 1/4 cup of olive oil over the pasta/pesto mixture and add the toasted pine nuts.
- Use tongs to gently coat distribute olive oil and pine nuts.
- Top with the coarsely grated Parmesan cheese.
- Over medium-low heat, warm the pasta for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.